Ontario Trade Commissioner Service Applications for Life Sciences/Healthcare Mentoring Program 2018
Are you a Canadian innovator and entrepreneur in life sciences/healthcare?
Do you have a product or technology you would like to showcase?
Are you seeking mentoring and guidance to advance your innovation?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of these questions, then we encourage you to submit your application OTC’s 2018 mentoring program in Chicago.
The Trade Commissioner Service in partnership with the province of Ontario and the Chicago Innovation Mentors http://matterchicago.com/programs/cim/([email protected]) offers a tailor-made mentoring program focused on life sciences and healthcare innovators working in the three following sub-sectors: pharmaceuticals; health IT; and medical devices.
C2MP catalyzes technology commercialization opportunities in the Chicago area by matching experienced and supportive mentoring teams with early stage innovators.
- Receive coaching and mentoring for a period of 6 months from a team of life sciences/healthcare and other business professionals
- Build your network of key contacts in the Chicago market to take advantage of the business relationships you will develop to identify business opportunities
- Improve your understanding of market access issues in the US
- Immerse yourself in a culture of collaboration, open innovation and entrepreneurial inspiration
- Receive dedicated services from the Trade Commissioner Service
Program for the selected companies
Part 1: Orientation for the program (January 2018)
- Participate in a webinar with the Consulate and CIM to go over the details of the mentoring program
Part 2: Day of Acceleration in Chicago (February 21, 2018)
- Participate in a morning program organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Pitch and showcase your technology during the Chicago Innovation Mentor monthly meeting
- Meet your potential mentors and network with Key Chicago contacts in the life sciences and healthcare industry
- Gain insights on the characteristics of the Chicago market that can improve your chances to success
Part 3: Six Month Mentoring Program (February-Mid. August 2018)
- Be matched with a team of 3 to 5 mentors (you will be assigned a lead mentor to work closely with you and the rest of the team)
- Engage your team of mentors for guidance and advice. Be proactive to gain valuable feedback on your growth challenges, market access strategy, business model, investor pitch
- Get access for free to MATTER, Chicago’s top tier healthcare incubator, its work space, its network and all of its educational programming www.matterchicago.com
- Part of the mentoring will be done virtually (emails, conference calls, videoconferences)
- Plan to travel to market AT LEAST FOUR TIMES (February 21 + 3 other dates) to meet face-to-face with your mentoring team. Note: we recommend face-to-face meetings.
- Able to commit at least one senior team member (C-level or Founder) to take part in the virtual program and attend a minimum of three in-market mentoring sessions.
C2MP companies are selected using a competitive application process. Ideal candidates have:
- Created a technology/product with high potential for growth
- Initial traction in the market place (in Canada or the US or another geography)
- A management team
- A need for local professionals to evaluate their business models/strategy
- Resources to visit the market a minimum of three times to meet with their mentoring teams.
How to apply?
If you are interested in participating in the program, please contact Alexis Roy ([email protected]) or Chantal Glass ([email protected]) to receive the application form. Space is limited to FIVE Canadian companies; all applicants will be qualified by a vetting committee.
Deadline: Completed forms must be received at the Consulate by November 24, 2017 to be considered.