Embedded Executive Funding Program
The Business Acceleration Program at MaRS has opened another round of Embedded Executive Funding. It matches senior executives with Ontario-based technology ventures to help them achieve their next growth milestones, granting up to $50,000 toward the executive’s salary over the Embedded Executive program’s six-month period.
Since 2012, the program has helped over 70 ventures to engage senior talent to help drive them toward a growth milestone.
Ventures have used the funding to:
• Increase sales by engaging a vice-president of sales to help them achieve revenue targets and to improve the quality of sales by allocating a resource to help shorten sales cycles;
• Build marketing and partner channels by engaging a chief marketing officer with the experience and connections required to build the right networks and to enter new markets; and
• Raise funding by engaging a vice-president of business development or fractional chief financial officer to reposition their offerings and improve their opportunities for investment.
Embedded Executive Funding is best for startups that are at a later discovery stage of development or that are approaching the validation or efficiency stages. This year, the program will fund 20 high-growth ventures from across Ontario working in the information and communications technology, digital media, health, cleantech and advanced manufacturing sectors.
Applications also require a referral from a Regional Innovation Centre or from a MaRS Venture Services advisor. Visit the program page for full details on eligibility, program requirements and how to submit your application.
Applications are now open and will close on June 29, 2015.
• June 29: Applications close
• July to September: Application review period
• October 15 to April 15: Contract period