The Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev) has contributed funds for a Digital Main Street (DMS) program as part of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund.
Launch Lab has partnered with regional representatives across Eastern Ontario to execute the program.
Key program elements include:
ShopHERE https://www.launchlabdms.ca/shop-here. ShopHERE provides independent small businesses and artists with a quick, easy and no-cost way to get selling online right away. Businesses that sign up to ShopHERE or to FutureProof will also get access to the following programs;
Student-lead digital squad support: https://www.launchlabdms.ca/digital-squad Post-secondary students will be paired with local experts, including experienced digital marketing professionals, and business specialists. These teams will help develop local and global market strategies, advanced digital marketing plans, and optimize your web presence. Support will be provided at no cost.
Workshops/Roundtables: https://www.launchlabdms.ca/workshops Digital workshops, webinars and peer groups hosted by regional experts and Launch Lab Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs) organized around main street and home-based-business sectors such as tourism, retail, hospitality, services and trades.
- Mentoring: One-on-one mentoring providing ongoing support in futureproofing their businesses.
- Resource Access: Access to online resources supplied by Launch Lab and other local entities.
- Vendor List: A list of vendors available to registered members of the LaunchLabDMS program.
Participating businesses must be incorporated (or registered), and meet the following criteria:
- Have fewer than 10 employees (FTEs) or fewer than 25 employees (FTEs) if they are a café, restaurant, or bar;
- not be a corporate chain or franchise; and
- are be located on a main street, in an industrial area, or a home-based business
- Registered social enterprises (i.e. non-profit organizations)
- Registered charities are excluded from support.
Launch Lab Engagement
Launch Lab’s DMS team will manage the program in support with all regions looking to participate in the program. All regions will have the ability to provide resources and listings of key vendor partners within the www.launchlabdms.ca website.
Program duration runs from today through to March 31, 2021.